Izy

Izy

I love reading romance books (can't get enough of them) any sub genre of romance PNR/UF, RS , YA and NA. Most of my free time is spend reading because I view it as a hobby and entertainment.

Wildest Dreams
Kristen Ashley
Sentinels: Lion Heart (Sentinels #2)
Doranna Durgin
Demon Night
Meljean Brook

Lead

Lead - Kylie Scott Rating ~ 4.25 Stars.

Jimmy Ferris is the bad boy lead singer of the band stage dive, a recovering addict, overall in his words:

Lena Morrissey in the prologue is a receptionist who feels like:

chosen by our one and only resident crazy MAL to be Jimmy's live-in assistant/ sobriety companion. I LOVED Lena because she is:

which is refreshing for an heroine.

Forward to a month and a half later later Jimmy and Lena are friends....well sort of:

Jimmy: "Didn't I tell you to go away?"
Lena: "You're always telling me to go away. I'd be half way to the Yukon by now if I actually ever listened to you."

Lena (internal monologue about Jimmy): His smile, oh god his smile, I wanted to wipe it off his face with a pickaxe. I'd be gentle, you could trust me.

Lena and Jimmy are both attracted to each other but Jimmy doesn't do relationships and he doesn't want to ruin their friendship because apart from the band members and their significant others, Lena is his only friend. When he finds out about Lena having a crush on him he comes with this 'great idea' a list to get Lena to get over him:

Jimmy's guide to make someone get over you:

1. Guilt trip them into actually doing the list.
2. Force them to see other people.
3. Get them to focus on your flaws.
4. Get them to try something new, set up girls night out so that they enjoy life etc.
5. when all else fails, agree to sleep with them, to help them get you out of their system you know for their benefit

This was so helpful Jimmy NOT !!

The story is filled with some laugh out loud moments, witty banter, a couple who go from being strangers to friends to best friends to lovers and some serious moments when dealing with a parent who doesn't care at all about you. I loved Jimmy, from his jealousy to his narcissistic behavior and Lena from her sweet tooth to her sass.

I've read this book two times since it came out which was about a week ago this shows how much I loved it. I can't wait for Ben's book.

Minor quibbles: Firstly I didn't like the fact that the band members and others were more caring about jimmy and Lena hurting him than the other way though I get it, they had known jimmy longer and was family to them still....and the fact that no one called or anything when she left jimmy. Secondly a bit more groveling from Jimmy towards the end would have been nicer, Lena should have made him beg for it a little bit longer. Other than that it was a thoroughly entertaining and a wonderful read.

The day I found out about this